Not yet experienced the luxury and service of a Corinthia Hotel?
Even if you have, you can (re)discover the pleasures of its boutique luxury properties for a limited time with up to 20% off the usual rate with breakfast included !
Tempted ? Read More…
GHA Discovery - Latest news & views for loyalty members
Not yet experienced the luxury and service of a Corinthia Hotel?
Anantara Hotels & Resorts (advertiser) has a limited time promotion where you can book a stay with up to 40%
off the usual rate with breakfast included.
You must stay by 21 December (lots of time) but must book within the next 2 days !
Take a look at Anantara's loyalty program GHA Discovery, to see what other benefits you may be able to gain.
T&C's apply Read More…
World Ski Awards - Best of 2021
World Ski Awards - the sister organisation of World Travel Awards - has unveiled the winners of its ninth annual
programme. The results follow a year-long search for the world’s leading ski travel, tourism and hospitality brands.
A brief selection of the prize-winners (and their loyalty programs where relevant) is shown below.
- World’s Best Ski Resort – Verbier, Switzerland
- World’s Best Ski Hotel - W Verbier, Switzerland (Marriott Bonvoy)
- World’s Best Green Ski Hotel - rocksresort, Switzerland
- World’s Best Ski Chalet - Chalet Zermatt Peak, Switzerland
- World’s Best New Ski Chalet - Chalet Face a Face, France
- World’s Best Ski Tour Operator - TUI
- Australia’s Best Ski Resort - Thredbo
- Australia’s Best Ski Hotel - Novotel Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa Hotel (Accor ALL)
- Canada’s Best Ski Resort – The Lake Louise Ski Resort
- Canada’s Best Ski Hotel – Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside (GHA Discovery)
- France’s Best Ski Resort - Val Thorens
- Japan’s Best Ski Hotel – The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Hokkaido (Marriott Bonvoy)
- New Zealand’s Best Ski Resort – Mount Hutt
- New Zealand’s Best Ski Hotel - The Rees Hotel , Queenstown
- Norway’s Best Ski Hotel – Radisson Blu Resort, Trysil (Radisson Rewards)
- Poland’s Best Ski Hotel – Radisson Blu Hotel & Residences, Zakopane (Radisson Rewards)
- Russia’s Best Ski Hotel – Rixos Krasnaya Polyana Sochi (non-participating in Accor ALL)
- Slovakia’s Best Ski Hotel – Grand Hotel Kempinski, High Tatras (GHA Discovery)
- Slovenia’s Best Ski Hotel – Ramada Resort by Wyndham (Wyndham Rewards)
- Spain’s Best Boutique Ski Hotel – Melia Royal Tanau Boutique Hotel (MeliaRewards)
Congratulations to all of the World Ski Awards 2021 prize-winners !
Avani Hotels & Resorts (advertiser) is having a promotion where you can book a stay with up to 30%
off the usual rate.
For the luxurious Avani+ Mai Khao Phuket Suites & Villas (pictured) it gets even better ! Enjoy upto 40% off at Avani+ Mai Khao Phuket Suites & Villas, Thailand.
Some locations include complimentary breakfast & other benefits, which vary. T&C's apply.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has a promotion running - Villa Exclusive: 20% off at Banana Island Resort Doha, Qatar.
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara is a crescent of golden beach and over water villas just off the coast of downtown Doha. This private, luxury destination has:
- 141 sea view rooms, suites, beach and over water pool villas
- 800 m of golden shoreline
- Surf pool, dive centre, VIP cinema, bowling alley, putting green
- Anantara Spa and Balance Wellness Centre.
Like more details? Read More…
Global Hotels Alliance (GHA) has now launched its revamped Discovery program, releasing more details of the now GHA Discovery
The changes transform it from a guest recognition program (where guest loyalty was rewarded with "experiences" tailored to each destination) to more of a rewards program (points earned can be redeemed for benefits, including experiences).
It has added a 4th status tier (and a further by-invitation tier) with an increasing range of benefits at each level, based on either nights stayed, spending or number of new brands experienced.
GHA lost the Omni and Rydges brands earlier this year, but NH Hotels is joining soon. So there should be 946 hotels associated with GHA Discovery by early 2022.
This places it in size (by number of hotels) roughly mid-way between Preferred Hotels and IHG.
Like to know more about the new GHA Discovery ? Read More…
Rydges leaves GHA's Discovery | retains Priority Guest Rewards
The EVENT family of hotels, which includes 53 Rydges, 10 QT,
11 Independent Collection & 5 Atura properties around
Australia and NZ (including Thredbo and Queenstown) is departing from the GHA Discovery loyalty program. Rydges will continue to
tun its own Priority Guest loyalty program
Stays booked after 1 December 2021 will no longer have benefits honoured. Sad news for skiiers downunder...although there remain 2 Oaks (a separate GHA brand) properties in Queenstown
This follows the departure of Omni Hotels, effective 30 June this year. It too noted it was going to focus on its own Select Guest loyalty program.
However, NH Hotels will be joining GHA early 2022 & merging its NH Rewards program into GHA Discovery.
Could these moves be related to the revamping of GHA's loyalty program? Possibly, although it's unlikely to be quite that simple.
Perhaps GHA will requiire members to make bookings through a GHA portal to receive their benefits, rather than being able to book direct.
Time will tell.
GHA makes new Discovery
GHA flagged the revamp of its loyalty program Discovery in September. With its December launch under the new branding of GHA
imminent, details are starting to emerge.
The main changes are:
1) the move towards a points earning system.
2) the Discovery experiences will now be able to accessed at all status tier levels.
3) you won't have to book flights or nights to enjoy your membership. The new DISCOVERY will offer exclusive benefits both with or without a stay.
Previously, key differentiators from other hotel loyalty programs were the absence of points and tier level based on stays being rewarded for upper tier members by tailored travel experiences, rather than discounted or award stays. So this is a major change in philosophy by the group.
Points earning will be in the form of "Discovery Dollars" or D$.
From their very first stay, members will earn D$ at 4% to 7% (depending on tier status) of their total bill and D$1 = 1 USD, so the value is clear. D$ will be able to be spent flexibly across the hotel, toward spending on a room, dining, spa or golf. Members simply apply their D$ as a form of payment at check-out.
So the revised Discovery program has some similarities with Accor's ALL - a fixed redemption rate (value of USD 1 or EUR 1 respectively) and a fixed earning rate that increases with tier status (4% to 7% depending on tier status).
Tier qualification requirements will also change.
An additional tier level is being introduced (from Gold, Platinum & Black to Silver, Gold, Platinum & Titanium). Qualification will be based on either Nights/Stays, spending or number of brands stayed at. The latter looks to be the easiest route to top tier status:
- Gold – Stay 2 times or spend $1,000
- Platinum – Stay 10 nights, spend $5,000 or stay at 2 brands
- Titanium – Stay 30 nights, spend $15,000 or stay at 3 brands.
Travellers to Asia will fare best, as there are 142 hotels under the brands of Anantara, Araiya, Avani, Capella, Kempinski, Leela, Marco Polo, NUO, Niccolo, Pan Pacific & ParkRoyal.
Options in the US with 14 locations are more limited, under the brands of Meritage, Outrigger, Pan Pacific, Viceroy & Doyle Collection.
UK travellers may find it even more limited, as the brands there are currently limited to Corinthia, Pan Pacific, Doyle Collectiion & Campbell Gray in a total of 7 locations.
This map of GHA hotel locations shows this more explicitly.
GHA Discovery has not yet communicated what benefits loyalty program members at each tier will receive. Further details will be released soon, particularly in regard to benefits usable without a stay.
Whether or not status-matching from other programs will be possible is yet to be revealed.