Go Hilton TMTP and Go Hilton Friends & Family
Deeply discounted room rates for Hilton Team Members & 50% off for the "extended family" are part of Hilton employee benefits
by Neil McPherson
24 January 2020 - original article.
Updated 21 January 2022 to reflect changes made to the Go Hilton program, effective from February 2022
Updated 19 July 2022 to reflect changes made to the Go Hilton program, effective from July 2022
You may also like to see the latest Hilton Promotions
This guide is based upon Hilton
Honors Terms & Conditions
dated 30 June, 2021 and Go Hilton Terms & Conditions
in place at 21 January 2022.
To save sifting through all the T&C's, for key details on the broader program and what they mean for you, please refer to our Hilton Honors guide
Introduction to Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program (TMTP) and Go Hilton Family & Friends
To get best use of the Hilton Family & Friends program, you need to first understand the Hilton Team Member Travel Program.
Both the TMTP, Friends and Family programs are part of a wider package of improvements announced in April 2018 in employee well-being that included expanded parental leave benefits for both salaried and hourly employees and a program that offers discounted hotel stays for all employees. The Go Hilton program replaced a cumbersome system that had required workers to submit requests to managers. Now there’s an online reservation portal that sets aside unoccupied rooms for team members.
Benefits of Being a Hilton Team Member
Reflecting these changes (among others) Hilton Hotels and Resorts now has a reputation as an employer of choice, as evidenced by many surveys including:
- DiversityInc ranked Hilton #1 on its 2021 list of Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
- 2021 World’s Best Workplaces, No. 3 – Fortune Magazine / Great Place to Work®
- 2020 World’s Best Workplaces, No. 2 – Fortune Magazine / Great Place to Work®
- Fortune Best Companies to Work For® in the U.S. – #1
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for List, #33, 2018
- Forbes World’s Most Reputable Companies, 2018
- Best Places to Work, #41, Glassdoor, 2018
Hilton continues to work towards and is being recognized for its exceptional and resilient workplace culture and team member benefits.
In mid-January 2022, Hilton announced a new educational benefit designed to empower its team members to continue to learn, grow and thrive. Beginning in spring 2022, Hilton will provide its team members at U.S.-owned and managed properties with a best-in-class continuing education platform (through Guild Education) to help them pursue and attain their educational dreams.
In addition to these new educational opportunities, Hilton already offers a comprehensive benefits package including mental well-being offerings, paid personal and parental leave, sabbaticals and GoHilton travel discounts.
The Hilton employee rates for staff, family and friends of the company are very generous and among the best in the industry.
Hilton offers two dedicated programs to members of its "network":
- the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program (TMTP);
- Go Hilton Family & Friends (FFTP).
Read on to learn more about what makes these Hilton programs so attractive and how even non-employees can get significant benefits.
Who can participate in the Hilton TMTP and Hilton Family & Friends programs?
The Hilton Team Member Travel Program is a rewards program for eligible Hilton team members (whether full-time or part-time) to book a guest room with discounts at all properties in the Hilton portfolio. The program is open to all regular full-time and part-time employees of Hilton Worldwide or one of its subsidiaries. You can sign up for the program online, and start enjoying the benefits right away. Some restrictions apply:
- You cannot book a stay at your work location.
- You may only use the program for leisure travel (not for business travel).
- An annual limit of 100 night stays applies to discounted stays.
Friends or family of current Hilton team-members
There are really only two rules for friends or family of current Hilton team members:
- They must be a Hilton Honors member of (or join the loyalty program of the Hilton hotel chain). Our detailed Hilton Honors guide provides a lot of valuable information about this program, including how to join.
- They must be approved by a Hilton team member who is registered for the TMTP.
Ex-employees with lengthy service periods
With the Go Hilton Long Tenure Travel Program, long-serving Team Members who have left employment by the Hilton company or its properties are also able to access discounts:
- Team Members who have 10 to up to 20 years of service can access Hilton Family & Friends rates for up to 70 room nights per calendar year for life.
- Team Members with 20 or more years of service can access Hilton Team Member rates for up to 30 room nights per calendar year and Family & Friends rates for up to 70 guest room nights per calendar year for life. This is the same entitlement as for current team-members.
For eligible participants:
- The discounted rates cannot be offered to their Family & Friends;
- They must be present for the hotel stay to utilise these rates; and
- They will still need their Hilton Honors account to sign into the Go Hilton booking site.
- All other standard Go Hilton booking rules and conditions will apply.
Tip : If you are already retired, to obtain your card, send an email to HR.email@example.com, with details of your employment history and HH account. They will be able to assist you.
Restrictions applying to the TMTP and Family and Friends programs
Both programs are part of an employee's benefits and are subject to a single combined cap for each team member.
A team member can book up to:
- 30 room nights per calendar year at team member rates; and
- a further 70 room nights at the Family & Friends rates (total of 100 room nights).
Usage of Family & Friends room nights by folk approved by the team member count against the 70 night portion of their total 100 night limit.
The exceptions to this are rooms listed at EXTRA Team Member rates or EXTRA Family & Friends rates. These are treated the same as the "regular" discounted rooms, other than they do not count against the team member's limits. So even if a team member is actively using most/all of their limit of 100 nights per year, approved Family & Friends can still utilise these EXTRA special room offers.
Sadly, as part of the changes to the programs for 2022, there will be fewer EXTRA rates available that don’t count towards the yearly limit of 30 employee and 70 Friends & Family nights.
Benefits of Hilton TMTP
TMTP offers outstanding accommodation discounts for employees. Stays are priced at fixed (USD) rates per night (and exclude resort fees but not taxes) which are heavily discounted below market rates:
- US$75 for Waldorf Astoria and Conrad !!
- US$55 for Curio, Canopy and Hilton Grand Vacations
- US$45 for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Tapestry
- US$35 for Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, Home wood Suites Home2 Suites and Tru by Hilton.
- from 1 August 2022, an additional USD 1 per night will be taken as a donation to the Team Member Assistance Fund and Hilton Global Foundation.
- the rates above will increase by USD 5 per night effective from late September 2022 (but remain outstanding value).
- Spouses and life partners can now make bookings under TMTP, even when the team member is not traveling with them. These bookings will count towards the team-member's 30 night limit. Previously, bookings without the team-member also staying had to be made at the less generous Family & Friends rate.
This is a significant enhancement for the team-member benefit.
Hilton TMTP Rules
- All bookings must be made on the Go Hilton website by the guest who will be staying. Team Members must sign in with their own Team Member Hilton Honors information, and approved Family & Friends must sign in with their own standard Hilton Honors information
- You may use the program for only leisure travel.
- Team members can book up to 2 team member rate rooms and 2 Hilton Honors friends and family rate rooms (maximum 4 in total) per stay.
- Each stay booked by a team member can be for up to 7 consecutive nights at team member rates and up to 7 consecutive nights at family and friends rates (either concurrently or back-to-back for a maximum 14 night stay).
- A team member can receive the discounted rates at any Hilton property globally (subject to availability), but you cannot book at the hotel where you are normally employed (although friends and family may book for stays at the hotel where you work).
Food & Beverage
Team members booking under either TMTP or Family & Friends programs also receive a 50% discount on F&B at restaurants under the
same management company as the hotel. The team member must be present at the restaurant, but the discount can be applied to up to
6 people in
a party. This F&B discount does not apply to minibars or room service. Additionally, in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and
Africa), breakfast for all guests is included in the above accommodation rates ! These are all very generous discounts.
Benefits of the Hilton Family and Friends program
The Hilton family and friends discount applying to stays by eligible friends or family is a reduction of 50% off the Best Available Rate / Flexible Rate (the lowest advertised rate that is subject to the hotel's standard cancellation policy) - a super saving!
Approved friends or family can make bookings at the Hilton Friends and Family rate directly via the dedicated Hilton friends and family login, without the need for the team member's involvement.
- The Family & Friends rate does not include breakfast;
- The Family & Friends rate might be higher than 50% off BAR in certain locations, based on local tax regulations.
Hilton TMTP Rules
- All bookings must be made on the Go Hilton website by the guest who will be staying. Approved Family & Friends must sign in with their own standard Hilton Honors information.
- Family & Friends can book up to 2 family & friends rate rooms per stay.
- Each stay booked by Family & Friends can be for up to 7 consecutive nights.
Important Note: Guests staying under the Family & Friends program need to be aware that their behaviour will be seen as a reflection on the Hilton Team Member. Unpleasantness or unruly behaviour may in extreme instances even result in disciplinary discussions with the Hilton Team Member.
Food & Beverage
Folk who are not team members, but have booked under the Family & Friends program, do not receive the F&B discount, unless they are staying as part of a group with a team member (see TMTP restrictions above).
Stays made under the program at each Hilton brand other than Hampton, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites and Tru qualify to earn Hilton
Family & Friends stays earn at least 10 Hilton points per USD paid at the room rate (reflecting the proportion paid of the Best Available Rate) which is very fair, given the significant discount. Food and beverage (but not room service) also qualify to earn Hilton Honors based on what you paid (after any discounts). Bonus points relating to elite status are calculated based on the reduced room rate.
If the person who booked the room has elite tier status, their tier benefits should be available to them, even at the discounted prices.
Tip : Stays also count towards attaining/retaining tier status for the person making the booking.
How do the programs work?
First, a team-member must register for the TMTP program. To do this:
- Ensure you have a Hilton Lobby User ID and Team Member Hilton Honors account (or applicable Owners Hilton Honors account). If you don't, speak to your manager or Identity Management Property Administrator (IDM).
- Visit the Go Hilton program page in the Hilton Lobby for more information and to get started.
Once registered, you can use the dedicated Go Hilton portal to check on availability and make reservations. You can also then invite friends and family to join for discounted stays:
- Family and friends need to already have a standard Hilton Honors account (or ensure they quickly join using the Hilton Honors sign up.)
- Team members registered for TMTP can then approve them for bookings made at the Family & Friends room rates.
- Once linked to a team-member's account, your friends or family members can login and book at the Family & Friends room rates independently of you. Bookings will count towards usage of your annual limit.
This makes group holidays very affordable.
Bookings under both TMTP and Family & Friends programs must be made via the dedicated portal.
Tips & Tricks for getting the most out of Go Hilton
Source: Go Hilton website
Use the Flexible Dates Feature. Create a one-night search and check the Flexible Dates box. That way, you can see day-by-day availability and make sure you're getting the best rates for every night of your stay. This helps because if even one night does not have the discounted rate available for a multiple-night search, the entire search will come back with "no results" listed.
Mix & Match Rates. The Team Member rate may not be available for consecutive nights, but the Family & Friends rate might be there for other nights in your stay. You may have to create separate bookings with different rates across nights, but you'll save more! Have Hilton Honors Points or an American Express co-branded credit card? Consider using Points or perks such as co-branded card anniversary reward nights in addition to your Go Hilton Rates for higher demand dates.
Be Flexible. Try to book as far in advance as possible and check Go Hilton often as inventory can change frequently. More rooms might become available closer to the stay date and especially within 60 days of arrival, since that is when most inventory opens up. Also, consider planning your trip around availability rather than planning a trip and then searching availability. Look at the calendar and plan for seasons and days of the week when there might be more inventory.
Mix It Up: In destinations where Hilton offers multiple hotels, consider breaking up your stay among different hotels to stay where the lowest rates are offered AND to experience different brands.
Using the dedicated GO Hilton portal
Hilton Rooms availability varies and is updated monthly on the GO Hilton portal (the "Lobby") which is also where you must make all bookings.
How to find availability using Go Hilton
- Login to the Go Hilton Lobby using your Hilton Honors credentials.
- Browse through the list of destination or holiday types, noting the type of availability in the top right hand corner of the property (TMTP or F&F or EXTRA).
How to make bookings
- Go to the dedicated portal using your Hilton Honors credentials.
- Find your preferred property.
- Click on the listing to make your booking. Easy.
The Go Hilton Lobby
Tip : EXTRA Family & Friends room rates
A property at its discretion may offer availability of rooms for business/promotional purposes. Rooms surplus to this purpose may be offered via GO Hilton to friends and family as EXTRA family and friends rooms. These bookings do not count towards the team-member's limit, but do earn Hilton Honors points and tier status.. These offers are highlighted in the GO Hilton portal - look to the top right-hand corner of any properties of interest listed there.
EXTRA TMTP rooms are offered in the same way.
A little disappointingly, from 2022 there will be fewer EXTRA rates available that don’t count towards the yearly limit of 30 employee
and 70 Friends & Family nights. It still remains a better program than its major competitors.
What if there is no availability for the booking that I want?
If you can't find a property you like, with the timing or number of rooms that suit you, you may need to consider booking without your discount. You can still do this on the dedicated portal using your Hilton Honors credentials.
By booking through our associated Travel Agency, you may be able to receive (varies a little by brand and property):
single category room upgrade;
complimentary daily breakfast;
early check-in and or late check-out; and
double Hilton Honors points - the same as with Diamond tier status.
This should take some of the sting out of not being able to use your GO Hilton rate.
The free perks our associated travel agency can offer may even be better than what your Family & Friends could obtain through GO Hilton (and you still earn Hilton Honors points). See what we can do for you.
... the regular Hilton Honors promotions and offers made to all Hilton Honors members. You may find that:
- you can buy discounted points to top up your balance enough to be able to redeem for a free night;
- some promotions may be very competitively priced and/or be available for destinations that do not have a plentiful supply of rooms under the TMTP or Family & Friends programs.
Both TMTP and Hilton Family & Friends programs offer outstanding savings and are a significant employee benefit.
If you are not a Hilton employee, the benefits are so good that it would pay to scour your list of relatives and friends to find someone who is one. Just be aware that there are limits in place that will affect their use of what is their benefit.
Even if you can only access the EXTRA friends and family deals....the saving is 50% of the Best Available Rate..
If you are the Hilton employee:
- congratulations on being with an employer of choice that is providing these significant benefits.
- this article should help you to make the most of these valuable employee benefits
- be prepared to be very popular if word gets out !