Qatar Airways Holidays launch fan packages for the Formula 1
Qatar Airways, the Global Partner and Official Airline of F1, in partnership with Qatar Airways Holidays, announced on 19 February the launch of its fan packages for the upcoming FIA Formula One World Championship.
The packages allow fans travelling from more than 40 countries to be up-close to high-octane action and enjoy unique experiences.
From the beginning to end of their journey, the packages are designed for fans to enjoy a seamless motorsport extravaganza, with the inclusion of return flights, hotel accommodation, F1 Paddock Club or Grandstand race tickets, and return airport transfers for all global races (excluding Qatar). Packages are available for purchase at: qatarairways.com/f1.
Similar to the inaugural packages, this year’s fan packages include an array of flexible and competitively priced options for select F1® 2024 race destinations.
This year, fans are also encouraged to experience guided track tours, pit lane walks and more with the F1® Paddock Club™ packages, featuring savings of up to 20 per cent on global race packages.
One of the best spots to watch the action, offering world-class cuisine and free-flowing beverages, the Paddock Club™ is the pinnacle of F1® hospitality.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club members
In addition, Qatar Airways Privilege Club members can collect Avios and Qpoints on all fan packages, accumulating rewards to use towards future travel and experiences while helping them retain and quickly reach their next tier.
Members can also purchase their package using Cash + Avios.
Alternatively, members can bid for the packages using Avios.
How will the Formula 1 deals work?
Packages have been secured for the following races:
- Melbourne Grand Prix, 24th March (now open for bidding)
- Miami Grand Prix, 5th May
- Monaco Grand Prix, 26th May
- British Grand Prix, 7th July
- Las Vegas Grand Prix, 24th November
- Qatar Grand Prix, 1st December
The Privilege Club Collection website is only open for bidding on the Melbourne Grand Prix at the moment, so we don’t know exactly what will be available for each race.
However, each package will include two Paddock Club™ VIP passes and hotel accommodation for the entire race period, usually three days. Paddock Club is the highest level of hospitality available and includes track tours and pit lane walks.
How can you bid for Privilege Club experiences?
Privilege Club Collection will eventually have a mix of ‘buy it now’ and auction experiences, although everything currently listed is for auction.
Here are two very important points to note:
(1) You must have Avios in a Qatar Airways Privilege Club account before you can bid. It is NOT good enough to have Avios in say a British Airways Executive Club account which is linked to your Qatar Airways Privilege Club account. You must have physically moved Avios across to your Qatar Airways Privilege Club account.
(One snag here is that you can’t use the entire balance of a British Airways Executive Club household account to bid. The only Avios you can move into a Qatar Airways Privilege Club account are those in your own personal account. If you have 200,000 Avios and your partner has 50,000 Avios to give you a household balance of 150,000 Avios, the most you could use to bid for a single Privilege Club Collection auction is 200,000 – ie your own balance.)
(2) You must have enough Avios in your Qatar Airways Privilege Club account to match your maximum bid. You cannot bid more than your current Avios balance, and you cannot set a future auto-bid which is higher than your balance. Transfers are free, instant and can be reversed at any time.