Bonvoy Ahoy !
Bonvoy members will be able to earn and redeem points for luxury cruises on the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
by Neil McPherson
Originally published 12 November 2021
This guide is based upon All-inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy Terms & Conditions dated November 2021 and Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection Terms of Service for Marriott Bonvoy
Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection now participating in Marriott Bonvoy
Bonvoy members will be able to earn and redeem points for voyages and associated hotel stays from 6 May 2022 when
booked through Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
Based on the sub-program Terms of Service, members will earn 5 points per USD 1 (half the rate for a land-based stay), with no tier bonuses applicable. They can earn on as many as 3 rooms on the land-based portion of a package deal, provided they are staying in one of them. They will also earn one elite night credit per night on board toward achieving Elite tier status.
Members will receive benefits that vary from in-room gifts to free laundering, depending on their Bonvoy tier level.
Members can redeem points for a cruise starting from 180,000 points for USD 1,000 reduction in fare and in increments of 90,000 points/USD 500 above that. Full redemption may be available. This equates to a redemption rate of USD 5.56 per thousand points - this is lower than our valuation of USD 7.50 per thousand points for land-based stays.
- the points earning rate is half that of a land-based stay
- there is full (nights) recognition towards elite tier qualification
- if a land-based stay is part of you planned trip, you will likely earn more (or redeem fewer) points than if it is packaged with the cruise portion. Compare at the time to decide whether you should book the land-based stays through your Bonvoy login rather than Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
- It looks to me as though you should never redeem Bonvoy points for a voyage on the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
- This is a unique option for Bonvoy members. Voyages at the Ritz-Carlton level will be reminiscent of the hey-days of luxury cruising.